KonaSearch has two pricing structures: one for those using the KonaSearch application and one for those using the KonaSearch API.
Pricing for KonaSearch Application Users
The KonaSearch application is used from within a Salesforce org by licensed Salesforce users. For most Salesforce products, Salesforce charges an up-front price per “seat” (user) for the use of Salesforce, and we follow their model to make it easy-to-understand. Pricing is as follows:
|Sales + Service Cloud||$35||$350||$60||$600|
|Financial Services Cloud||$30||$300||$50||$500|
- Other Salesforce products: Not supported at this time.
- Pricing for nonprofits: First 10 seats at no cost. Proof of nonprofit status required (e.g. 501(c)(3) tax ID).
- Multiple orgs: No charges per org. Pricing is the sum of KonaSearch seats across all orgs.
- Trial period: 30 days for all customers.
- Seat restrictions: No minimums, no forced matching to number of Salesforce seats.
Pricing for Salesforce Community Cloud (CC) is a little different because users may be anonymous. KonaSearch annual pricing:
|Per Login Cost||Per Member Cost|
|Customer Community Plus||$10.80||$27.00|
|Partner Relationship Management||$20.00||$50.00|
|Lightning External Apps Plus||$30.00||$70.00|
Pricing for KonaSearch API Users
KonaSearch provides two API-level access points:
- Query API: for querying the KonaSearch index from endpoints other than Salesforce (e.g., non- Salesforce portal, SharePoint, point-of-sale system). Usage is measured in queries. A query is a single request for search results.
- Upload API: for pushing data into the KonaSearch index from sources other than Salesforce, to be searched along with the Salesforce data (e.g., SAP, Box, SharePoint, S3). Usage is measured in record uploads. A “record upload” is a single instance of an added, updated, or deleted document (e.g., PDF, Microsoft Word file) or database record (e.g., SAP, legacy CRM). KonaSearch charges per record upload to accommodate both the initial upload of records at set-up time and the rate at which updates occur.
API usage is purchased in “batches,” using a prepaid, pay-as-you-go model, or an annual model. The tiers are the same for both. For the pay-as-you-go model, the customer purchases a batch of queries (Query API) or record uploads (Upload API) up front. The larger the batch, the greater the discount. Once the batch is used up, the customer purchases another to continue. Batches can be purchased at any time. This model similar to that of prepaid cell phones.
Batches must be used within 15 months from the date of purchase. Any unused queries or records remaining after the 15-month period expire. However, once a customer reaches 120% of their tier limit, they must immediately purchase a new batch, effective from the date at which they reached 120%.
Query API Pricing
Query API pricing is as follows:
|Queries (batch size)||Price||Discount (rounded)|
- Multiple endpoints: One batch of queries may be used across all endpoints (i.e., customers are not required to purchase separate batches for each endpoint).
- Unlimited queries: Customers can purchase an unlimited number of queries for $75,000 per year.
- Batch expiration: Batches expire 15 months from the date of purchase. Any unused queries at expiration are forfeited.
Upload API Pricing
For the initialization of their KonaSearch index, customers usually purchase a large batch of record uploads to upload all their records, and then a smaller batch based on how often they estimate records need to be updated (added, changed, deleted) over time.
Upload API pricing is as follows:
|Record Uploads (batch size)||Price||Discount (rounded)|
- Multiple data sources: Each batch can be used across all data sources (i.e. customer is not required to purchase separate batches for each data source).
- Unlimited uploads: Customers can purchase an unlimited number of uploads for $1,200,000 per year.
- Batch expiration: Batches expire 15 months from date of purchase. Any unused queries at expiration are forfeited.